Monday, September 20, 2010

Again so soon

Mon, 20 Sep 2010
Dear Family of Mine...

Whats up famiy??? Good morning from Missoura!!! Almost afternoon... Sounds like things back home are doing pretty good!! Thanks for the email Shaw family... That is way cool you used the song idea for Joseph Smiths first prayer...with Come thou fount melody!! That is like my fav thing ever!!! Thanks for all the emails this week, it is awesome hearing from everyone!! Wowsers... Crazy to think i only will be emailing a few more times!! I-karamba that is nuts!! Madie is way too funny... she asked me in a letter this week if i was TRUNKY yet??? Just so the family knows I think I'm doing pretty good!! We are working out tails off and it is so so much fun!!! This is such a great area to die in!! The Fleming Park ward is way supportive and the Kansas City stake is on fire right now!! Especially compared to what it has been!! The zone averages like 3-4 baptisms a month on a good month, and since we have gotten MTC new teaching curriculum we have like 10 this month and like 9 committed for OCT already!! Its so sweet to see all these amazing miracles happening!!

It was way cool... because we have so many people getting baptized this week i got to have my first Baptism Interview with a investigator. His name was D.J. some other Elders in another ward taught him and its part of the mission leaders job to make sure they have been taught and know everything.. Thus we have interviews :) So yeah I got to interview D.J. and it was a way cool spiritual experience!! Talked about the his experience with the church and how he knew it was true, he bore his testimony about how much he loved that ward and the bishop... IT was Sweet!! Oh and i asked him the interview questions... I guess that is important or something like that!!! JK. Its weird kinda being in leadership but opportunities like that are so worth it!! Man it was pretty crazy this week has been ridiculous ona couple of Elders in the zone wanting to kill each other!!! Yeah that's a bit different.. I used to think it was funny when elders would argue and stuff but not so funny when you have to fix things!! Blah... the mission president is just like "just do whatever you have to do so we don't have emergency transfers!!" Its funny, sad and ridiculous all at the same time!! Ahh.. 19-21 yr old guys together 24/7 for 2 years... you really have to work on not killing each other!!!

This week was a little crazy a Less-Active we were helping come back to the church passed away. It was really wierd!! He was a awesome older brother in the ward, Bro. Hearn. Then we got news that Diana Araujo's biological father passed away in a car accident. she was pretty upset she had never met him but just started gettting in contact to meet him!! Pretty tuff right after joining the church. She is still doing awesome though, she was at church yesterday. Just a little down right now. On some lighter news... The Kansas City Cheifs have won two games in a row!! Everyone here is way excited, probably cause last year they only won two games total!! Ha ha so funny!! I think Chiefs are my new football team till Utah gets a team close by, which it doesn't matter cause i don't really watch too much football!!! So mom about coming home I really appreicate the money to send something home, I will get a box ready soon. I am not sure about the flight home info yet...I will ask the mission office and see when they will tell you!! I LOVE YOU all!! Have a awesome week family!! Take care, talk to you soon!!!

MUCH LOVE, ELDER LANCE E. MURIE

No comments:

Post a Comment